ioneer custom designs, manufactures, services and repairs fluid film babbitt bearings and seals to keep large rotating equipment operating more efficiently and reliably over an extended life.
Our experience since 1920 includes:
- Engineering trouble-shooting and analysis, repair and service, and manufacturing babbitt bearings for turbine and generators operating in nuclear power stations in North America, Western and Eastern Europe, Korea and South America;
- Turnkey custom-designed and manufactured large vertical guide and thrust bearings to solve problems in older existing machinery and new equipment at hydroelectric plants in North America;
- Our proprietary Fluid Pivot® technology for tilting pad radial babbitt bearings for high speed lightly loaded rotating machinery or, in larger sizes and in the “JS” configuration, as an ideal solution for a steady rest bearing or any application requiring superior bearing dynamic alignment;
- Providing manufacturing and repair services to the U.S. Navy and its major subcontractors since World War II, for nuclear aircraft carriers and submarines, frigates, destroyers and, in alliance with Michell Bearings of the U.K., for the Navy’s newest class: the Littoral Combat Ships (The Freedom variant)
- Qualified by the marine divisions of GE and Westinghouse Electric in 1956.