An Outstanding Reputation Based on a Tradition of Expertise
ioneer custom designs, manufactures, services and repairs fluid film babbitt bearings and seals to keep large rotating equipment operating more efficiently and reliably over an extended life.
Our experience since 1920 includes:
- Engineering trouble-shooting and analysis, repair and service, and manufacturing babbitt bearings for turbine and generators operating in nuclear power stations in North America, Western and Eastern Europe, Korea and South America;
- Turnkey custom-designed and manufactured large vertical guide and thrust bearings to solve problems in older existing machinery and new equipment at hydroelectric plants in North America;
- Our proprietary Fluid Pivot® technology for tilting pad radial babbitt bearings for high speed lightly loaded rotating machinery or, in larger sizes and in the “JS” configuration, as an ideal solution for a steady rest bearing or any application requiring superior bearing dynamic alignment;
- Providing manufacturing and repair services to the U.S. Navy and its major subcontractors since World War II, for nuclear aircraft carriers and submarines, frigates, destroyers and, in alliance with Michell Bearings of the U.K., for the Navy’s newest class: the Littoral Combat Ships (The Freedom variant)
Qualified by the marine divisions of General Electric and Westinghouse Electric in 1956.
Due to our longevity and license relationships over the years with OEMs of power turbines and generators, in addition to our extensive experience with General Electric marine and power generation bearings, we have more experience with anyone in the industry in North America repairing and servicing bearings designed by:
|• Westinghouse Electric
|| • ABB
|| • Alstom
We are a licensee of:
• Siemens Energy, Inc. (USA; since 1989), covering Westinghouse and Siemens bearing designs;
• General Electric Technologies, GmbH (Switzerland; since 1993), covering ABB, Alstom, BBC bearing designs)
• Michell Bearings (The United Kingdom; since 2005)
Supporting Power Producers and OEMs for Over 95 Years
Engineering ServicesWe have provided engineering analysis & technical services on site at nuclear power plants in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, assisting OEM field service engineers and power plant maintenance personnel.
Engineering and Technical Field ServicesBeyond the scope of our normal engineering work for customers in our plant, we perform a wide variety of on-site technical services.
ManufacturingFirst-rate manufacturing has been a hallmark of Pioneer’s accomplishments and the primary way we grew our business. For more than half a century, we’ve manufactured bearings for OEMs and end users of large land-based and offshore rotating equipment and the U.S. Navy.
We manufacture bearings for OEMs.Over the past 15 years an increasing percentage of production is devoted to our own designs, including our Fluid Pivot® JC and JS tilting pad journal bearings
Service and RepairPioneer Motor Bearing operates one of the leading fluid film bearing repair services in the U.S. and Canada. Our service and repair department is the longest running non-OEM bearing repair service in North America for industrial, power generation and marine customers.
Market-leading Standard & Expedited Bearing Repair ServicesPioneer has repaired more bearings than any other non-OEM bearing business on our Continent. We’ve repaired radial and thrust bearing assemblies of all kinds and styles for automobile engines, industrial equipment, and commercial marine.
- Founded in 1920, still under the same family ownership & management.
- Engineers specializing in rotordynamics and fluid film bearings & seals
- The market leading bearing repair & upgrade service in North America
- Serving OEMs and end users with a full spectrum of bearing-related services.
- The exclusive bearing repair U.S. licensee of Alstom Power for large utility steam turbine-generators. The senior bearing repair U.S. licensee of Siemens Energy, Inc. for large steam & combustion turbine-generators. An Alliance Partner of Michell Bearings.