Beyond the scope of our normal engineering work for customers in our plant, we perform a wide variety of on-site technical services, including:
- Guidance with installation
- Assistance with alignment issues
- Damage evaluation and root cause determination
- Visual and UT inspection of damaged bearings to determine the necessity of repairs or re-scraping of shoes
- Dimensional measurement checks
- Moderate refurbishment of bearings not requiring casting operations
We have provided engineering analysis & technical services on site at nuclear power plants in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, assisting OEM field service engineers and power plant maintenance personnel.
Eletronuclear’s Angra 2 Nuclear Power Plant—Angra 2 operates with a pressurized water type reactor (PRW) rated at 1,350 MW.
For a week on site near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at Eletronuclear’s nuclear power plant Angra 2, we provided damage evaluation and root cause determination support for the upper guide bearings of reactor coolant pumps.